Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Quotes by Robert Frost

“A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.”
-Robert Frost

“A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom.”
-Robert Frost

“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.”
-Robert Frost

“Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.”
-Robert Frost

“I'm against a homogenized society, because I want the cream to rise.”
-Robert Frost

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
-Robert Frost

“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”
-Robert Frost

“The best way out is always through.”
-Robert Frost

“The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.”
-Robert Frost

“The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.” -Robert Frost

“The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.”
-Robert Frost

“You can be a rank insider as well as a rank outsider.”
-Robert Frost

“I never dared to be radical when young For fear it would make me conservative when old.” -Robert Frost, 'Ten Mills,' A Further Range, 1936

“A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.”
-Robert Frost, (attributed)

“The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.”
-Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

“Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow.”
-Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

“Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.”
-Robert Frost, The Black Cottage

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”
-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the works of Robert Frost especially his "Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening" -- I'm inlove with the quote from that work of his...