Friday, November 03, 2006

Friendship Sayings

"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton


"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin


"My friends are my estate."
- Emily Dickinson


"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
A friend is one who walks in when others walk out."
-Walter Winchell


"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."
- Len Wein


"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
- Sent by Donna Roberts


"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."
- Sent by Lysha


"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus


"A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more."
- Sent by Jasmine Fitzwilliam


"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."
- Author Unknown


"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie "Six Degrees of Seperation"


"It takes a long time to grow an old friend."
- by John Leonard


"Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you."
- Elbert Hubard


"I get by with a little help from my friends."
- John Lennon


"Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends."
- Mary Catherwood


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis


"I might give my life for my friend, but he had better not ask me to do up a parcel."
- Logan Pearsall Smith


"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."
- Abraham Lincoln


"One's best friend is oneself."
- Author Unknown


"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!"
- Author Unknown


"To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy..."
- Guido


"I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow."
-Cher


"No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."
- Francois Mocuriac


"Truth and tears clear the way to a deep and lasting friendship.
True friendship is never serene."
- Mariede Svign


"Friends are God's way of taking care of us.
It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter."
- Marlene Dietrick


"A friend is a gift you give yourself."
- Robert Louis Stevenson


"Friend - a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection and loyalty."
- Collins English Dictionary


"A new friendship is like an unripened fruit - it may become either an orange or a lemon"
- Emma Stacey


"Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success."
- Oscar Wilde


"Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade."
- William Shakespeare


"Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."
- Eleanor Roosevelt


"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa


"I will speak ill of no man, and speak all the good I know of everybody."
- Benjamin Franklin


"Misfortune shows those who are not really friends."
- Aristotle


"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
- Mark Twain


"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship."
- Cicero


"Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge


"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert


"What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies."
- Aristotle


"The friendship that can cease has never been real."
- Saint Jerome


"I count myselt in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."
- William Shakespeare


"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial."
- Thomas Jefferson


"Sir, more than kisses, letters, mingle souls;
For, thus friends absent speak."
- John Donne


"Too late we learn, a man must hold his friend
Unjudged, accepted, trusted to the end."
- John Boyle O'Reilly


"Friends have all things in common."
- Plato


"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
- Artistotle


"My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me."
- Henry Ford

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice job i really love it

Unknown said...

Friends... is easy to find, true friends are hard to find.. friendship are easily to define, but true friendship are hardly to define...

Unknown said...

Friends are easy to find,, but true friends are hard to fine,, friendship are easily to define... true friendship are hardly to define ...thats life!

Anonymous said...

Friends are like a fine wine, the longer they've been around the better they are.

Anonymous said...

Is easy to recognize who's a friend and who isn't: the one who cares more about its pride is better off alone than having time wasted on it.

kavisha said...

"If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. "

Anonymous said...

I love all the phrases....Great Job!!!TQ

Anonymous said...

friendship is like peeing your pants.... everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth

Anonymous said...

friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth

Anonymous said...

tooo goood

SYED ABBAS said...

gr8 job uppl did....
i love it...n also i love my bst frnd....
gud luck 2 u ppl...!!!

Lily said...

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

This one was my favorite!!!!
Loved it
xoxo...
☮☆ⓛⓘⓛⓨ☆☮

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I think nice post. Specially the title attracted me to review the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Friends are like good bra's: supportive, hard to find, and close to the heart ♥

Anonymous said...

I have no friends..

Anonymous said...

I have no friends..

Hasini said...

Superb quotes... Really mind blowing

Anonymous said...

All people have got friends, someone don't see them.:)Be happy.

Anonymous said...

Friends come and go but family is forever