Monday, October 30, 2006

Funny Epitaphs

Here lies, All cold and hard,

The last damn dog,

That pooped in my yard!


***


It was a Cough

That carried him Off

It was a Coffin They Carried him Off In


***


On an attorney’s tombstone:

Goembel John E.

1867-1946 "The defense rests"


***


Here lies Johnny Yeast.

Pardon me For not rising.

Ruidoso, New Mexico


***


Jedediah Goodwin Auctioneer

Born 1828 Going! Going!! Gone!!! 1876


* * *


Bill Blake

Was hanged by mistake.


* * *


Here lays Butch.

We planted him raw.

He was quick on the trigger But slow on the draw.


* * *


Here lies the body of Arkansas Jim.

We made the mistake, But the joke's on him.


* * *


He called Bill Smith A Liar


* * *



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I wish I were in Virginia"

Anonymous said...

coool , i like it

Anonymous said...

here's another one

Stop stranger as you pass by
as you are now so once was I
as I am now so will you be
so be prepared to follow me

later someone scratched under it

To follow you I'm not content
until I know which way you went

Anonymous said...

"He loved Coca Cola........"

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)